Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The big 30!!!

Kelly and I at my surprise party! I thought the adults in our family were going to dinner on Saturday night. We were meeting at the Bowdens and the kids were going to get babysat there. So we pulled up and some of the kids were playing soccer in the front yard. We got to the front door and it was locked. I said, "Why is the door locked?" Morgan said, "Oh they probably locked the boys out cuz they kept going in and out." I still never suspected a thing. So we knocked on the door, and when they opened it we were greeted with a loud," SURPRISE!!!" I was soooooooo shocked. Usually when someone is getting surprised they kinda know a little bit, but man they totally had me fooled. In fact my sisters tried to surprise me the day before with lunch and a pedicure but i did kinda know what was happening. So with that surprise I thought nothing of having another one.
It was fun to have my kids there. You could tell I really didn"t know about it because they were all bathed and in jammies. Ky LOVES to sing happy birthday and blow out candles. That is my excited face to him about it.
Here are some of my greatest friends that came to the party. Thanks sooooo much for coming! It really meant a lot!
Aly and my buddy boy playin at the party.
Sometimes I think these ladies are too busy for me, so I really appreciated all the effort they went to for my birthday!
Silly sisters picking teeth.
My dad snuck in our picture. He's so cute!
Kim is such a great friend to me! She didn't even give the surprise away. We were both surprised by that:)
Me and my mamma!
One day last week Kelly came and said, " I need your ring." So I gave it to him and when I got it back it looked like this. It used to have one plain band. He had that taken off, and got two new bands on the sides. I love it!!! Thanks honey! And thaks for the party!
My cute nephew Jake was crashed out during the party. He wrestled in a tournament all day and won 1st place in his weight class. Drew and Nate won 2nd and 3rd in theirs. Such cute boys!!! I haven't been too excited about turning 30 because it means you have to turn right into a lady. Haha. In the end it wasn't too bad. I'm 30 now, but I still feel oh about 25. Whatever, it's just a #!

9 comments:

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

Happy Birthday Kara! Looks like you had a blast. Your ring is GORGEOUS! Kelly did a great job!

Val said...

What a fun night! Congrats and welcome to the flirty thirties!!!

Anonymous said...

ha! Ok you make me smile!! Im glad you only feel 25!! Im scared to turn 30!! Can I just tell you how much I love your family!! i miss you and your family tons!

Oh and I think grandma larrabee is just being nice!! maybe she is a little partial!!! ha! I love having her in my new ward!

Cami said...

So fun!!!! I love love the new ring. Way to go Kelly! My friend, you look GORGEOUS as usual! And can i just say for the record that I think you and your sisters are hilarious! You are 3 peas in a pod....picking teeth. What's this zumba certification rumor?! Yay for you! Get your zumba on Kara!

Melody said...

thats awesome! Happy birthday!!

Mandi Roth said...

You are so cute!! Love your ring. It's beautiful! Good Job Kelly!!! You are beautiful. Happy Birthday girl i am glad your family showed you how much they love you and took time for you!

Unknown said...

How fun! I think our 30's are going to be awesome! I'm glad you had such a good birthday. It's also interesting to think that we've been friends for over 20 years now. Weird....

The Anderson Family said...

Happy Birthday Kara!!!!! You don't look a day over 20!!!!
And take it from me, it is just a number!!!!LOL
P.S. Kelly did good!! I love your new ring!!!

Grahm and Ashley said...

Wow, you're really 30! I'm still wondering how I should feel when I'm 30. I'm definatly not mature enough! But I swear, your family doesn't even look like they age at all!! What a sweet husband to redo your ring, That's true what Ariane says, crazy we have known eachother sooooo long!