Sunday, April 18, 2010

Prayer

Today in relief society the lesson was on prayer. A good friend of mine gave it and I was touched by her sweet emotions. Prayer truly is one of the most important things we have here in this life. I sometimes forget how important it is to really communicate with my Heavenly Father. I know he wants to hear from us, and help us through our trials. He also wants to rejoice with us when we are happy and successful. In my busy day to day life I forget to repay him for all that he has blessed me with by talking to him often. So today I take on, once again the challenge to become closer to my Heavenly Father by kneeling more often in prayer, and coming to know him and his son Jesus Christ more.

6 comments:

McNary's Blog-log said...

Kara, oft' times we take for granted the blessings of life. the simplest things become the hardest. remembering to thank our Father in Heaven for the gift of life. how simple it is to talk to our friends ALL the time via phone, cell phone, internet, yet the one that longs for our voice the most gets forgotten. i do it too, we all do. what a great challenge to start. i am taking you up on this. i started a few months ago to really make it a point to say family & personal morning and night. i miss my personal often, but family is a must. it helps me feel the spirit through the day. thanks for this post. what a GREAT reminder.

Cami said...

Thanks for the great reminder! Thank your RS friend for me too :)
Prayer truly in an opportunity more than anything! I often get up and start my day and what a different it makes to get out of bed, pray, then start my day! See you soon!

Mandi Roth said...

So true!! i needed this post and i'm so glad you shared! Thanks Kara!!! I agree with your first commenter that we talk to our friends so much easier and don't take the time for the ONE that wants to talk to us. GREAT post! Thanks girl.

Page said...

Hi everyone- I have finally decided to set my family blog to private- now that I am finally catching up, I don't want to loose touch with anyone. Please please send me an e mail with your e mail address so I can add you- send it to mrslaw4@hotmail.com Thanks! ( : Page PS make sure to check out my new political blog-linked to my family blog

Steph said...

Thanks for your words! They really mean alot to me!

Steph said...

Thanks friend!!! I'm only checking this now...dang I'm a slacker :)