Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy birthday Larba!!!

We had the best birthday party for my sweet grandma Larrabee this weekend. I know it's picture over load, but this really was a great time for our family to come together and honor her.

All she wanted for her bday was for everyone to get together and sing to her. So we made it into a big party.
After a few songs my mom read a cute poem she wrote, and then we each took turns saying a little something about Larba. Me n my sisters call her that thinking we're so funny.
Morgan and Jake
Geej and Austin (my cute nephew)
My little Karsy lady girl
The Potter family with Grandma


Skiny Uncle Daryl and Aunt Jen


Me, my Larba, and Morgan
Aunt Kathy and her mamma
Tami, Grandma, and Minty
She's a funny lady who will do just about anything:)
Roger and his sore eye
Matty and Gma
My nieces Aly and Summer

The whole gang. Nice flash right in mine and Kelly's faces.
My cute niece Morgan and meeeee.

The main thing that we realized that night from the little kids who said something about gma is that she is the only true grandma. The cute things they said kept seeming like they were about to bear their testimonies. We laughed and cried together as a family realizing the strength that our grandma has so graciously given to us. She is such a great example of unconditional love, and so many of us said how no matter where we are or what we do we ALWAYS know that she loves us and most importantly our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for her, and for my whole family too. I am one lucky girl.

4 comments:

VivaLasFloyds said...

what a sweet post kara! she is a great lady with a great family! i'm so thankful that you guys allow us to be a part of it every now and then! love ya!!!! :)

Marylin said...

Oh I love this post! What a neat tribute to her and your family!! :)

i said...

i love seeing her on the tramp. that is AWESOME! what a wonderful woman.

Mandi Roth said...

What a sweet post! You are a VERY lucky girl and very blessed. I hope your grandma had a great time. :)